Need Help to ID a Blenko Decanter

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ola402, Aug 24, 2014.

1. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I posted this on the ebay PGP, but no one responded so thought I would try here.

This Decanter is too cool, but I've been all over the old catalogs and my one book and just can't find it. It has a vertical optic body that is pushed in (pinched) on front and back. The stopper is round and hollow. I thought the color was Gold so I looked in the 1950s catalogs but couldn't find it. Then I thought maybe it's Honey and that's where I lost my way. It reminds me a little of a Myers #6942 with the stopper and the flat collar. So I thought maybe someone took that design and modified it a little just for fun. It measures about 11 1/4" high. Here's some photos. TIA for any help! (I tried to show the indents with side views.)

DSCF0314.jpg
    DSCF0316.jpg

DSCF0317.jpg

2. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd let everyone know, this was finally ID'd on the ebay PGP board by first, tallcakes (Don) and then, with the catalog reference by msgood2shoe. It's a Blenko #6915 from 1969, designed by Myers and only made for 3 years. Appears on pg. 10 of the 1969 catalog. Hopefully, rarity equates to more bids! Thanks, everyone, for looking.

Draft saved Draft deleted