Need Help w Haviland Pattern Please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ola402, Jul 18, 2020.

1. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

DSCF6393.jpg DSCF6394.jpg DSCF6395.jpg DSCF6397.jpg DSCF6400.jpg

I used to be very good at IDing Haviland Schleiger numbers but not with this one. Maybe because it's on a covered dish. Also, I think the search algorithms at the R site must have changed. It used to be helpful but not so much now. Any ideas?

Bronwen likes this.
  2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I've given up trying to ID Haviland on the R site. As far as selling goes I wasn't sure it was worth the trouble. This dish has large pink roses on it which usually makes it an easy sell. A title like Haviland Limoges Covered Dish - Large Pink Roses w Foliage and Blue Floral Border should do the trick. Drop Limoges if the title is too long.

There is a Facebook group that may be able to help. The title is Haviland & Limoges China ID, Show & Sell. Some of the folks there are good with Schleiger designations.

Bronwen likes this.
  3. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I think I will do as you suggest and just describe it in the title. It's likely fated for S. Korea anyway.

I always liked to put the S # in the description to show how "really really smart" I am. My method was to ID the Blank #, go to R and search with the blank number and pink Roses. That narrowed it down and with a little more looking I could find it. Worst case was going through my Haviland books by Dona Schleiger but that takes longer and is harder to do if you don't have a plate. But R is different now and I think the Koreans have scoured their site for all the pink roses pieces and there aren't any left. What is with Koreans and pink roses?? It certainly has been profitable to certain ebay sellers, not to mention R.

4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@ola402 - I don't know if you already know the blank number, but I think it is blank number 13. I looked in my Haviland book put out by Replacements, but couldn't find anything with the blue roses around the edge. The closest I could come was Schleiger 1136-1.

ola402 likes this.
  5. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Peggy, that's it! In my Schleiger books there are illustrations of Haviland Border patterns. The way I figure it, this dish is Schl 1136 while the border pattern has a different Schleiger number if there is one recorded. The important thing is what you found out, the main pattern number. Thank you so much!

bercrystal likes this.
  6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

You are so very welcome!! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

I love Haviland china & have to make myself walk away from it especially if I don't know the pattern right off hand. :bag::bag::bag::bag:

I don't remember what I paid for this book originally. I have had it for about 9 years I think. It is so much easier to look it up in the book than on their site because the first thing you do is determine the shape or blank. Then go to the section that show the patterns used on that shape. If you ever have any other pieces that you are stumped on just let me know & I see if I can find it for you in the book. :happy::happy:

I would have been hard pressed to walk away from this piece though. It is a beauty!! :happy::happy::happy:

Hopefully someone will fall in love with it & it will quickly go to a new forever home. :smuggrin::smuggrin:

ola402 and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted