Need help with a few pieces of vintage jewelry?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Ashley Felton, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Ashley Felton

Ashley Felton Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure the pinky ring is a Navajo turquoise ring but no markings so assuming it was before 1960? Help me out ? And the pendant has a heavy red stone in it but no markings as well...the silver ring is so shiny it almost seems painted with a bunch of clear and red gems in it. There is a marking on the inside idk what it is very hard to see even with a loupe. Looks like maybe a SW?? Very very pretty. Got them all from my friends grandmothers estate when she passed ... C5DC0DAA-1095-405C-8762-83E89809DE92.jpeg 4A1FFE69-E407-4F65-9F56-ED7126BE71C8.jpeg D4E9785F-A6F6-442E-B0B8-C7691A124137.jpeg FD8D7B0C-F810-4611-A1AF-23FC809754BF.jpeg

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Very nice turquoise, looks like it could be Sleeping Beauty, but no way to verify it just like that. It could be Navajo (Art Nouveau-ish), but we don't know.
    Unmarked pieces were still made in the 1970s. As it is we can only say that it is Southwest style.

I have no idea about the other ring, except it reflects your flash really well.:D

So does the pendant, which could be Indian (India), possibly with a carnelian. Could you photograph it without using a flash?

Christmasjoy, i need help and judy like this.
  3. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

The red stone in the pendant looks like a badly cut garnet.

Jivvy, i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The top one is definitely Navajo-style, but you can't be 100% sure where it came from without marks. The second ring looks like modern costume from what I can see. The pendant's stone looks like it has a burst bubble along one facet; to me that screams glass. It could be Indian or Chinese and probably is silver.

i need help likes this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I thought that was a chip?
    I'd say Indian, rather than Chinese. I don't know if the Chinese are faking Indian jewellery, since the real deal is so cheap anyway.

kyratango likes this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It might be, but all the facet edges are so worn I figured it had to be glass. A lot of the Indian pieces are.

Draft saved Draft deleted