Featured Need Help with a Glass Cake Stand

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ola402, Aug 26, 2018.

1. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I bought this cake stand today and can't find the pattern. It looks like EAPG to me and yet, maybe it isn't. It glows green under black light, but there's not much pattern to it. It measures 9 3/4" in diameter, 6" high and has a "rum well" in the center. The top looks like Dalzell's Star and Block, but only the top, not the rest of it. Anyone Know??
    Here are the pics. I was bidding on a Gooseberry stand and the auctioneer decided to add this one to the lot and I got both of them. Thanks for your help and if I go temporarily silent, it's because I'm so tired. The auction was today at noon and it was around 89 degrees with about a zillion percent humidity. I was soaked in sweat and the roach coach ran out of waters! TIA!

DSCF1902.jpg DSCF1901.jpg DSCF1900.jpg DSCF1903.jpg

ascot, pearlsnblume, judy and 3 others like this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Since I haven't a clue, am sending a call out to @TallCakes, as he has the MAGNIFICENT Cake stand collection!!!!! Although, others may also know!!:):):)

pearlsnblume, judy, TallCakes and 3 others like this.
  3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

nice one!
    Model Flint Glass Co. #901 Triple Convex Band c1893

4. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Don! I was hoping you would know. In my search I checked your site and got hung up on your Model Flint Heck cake stand since the top is the same but I still couldn't find it this one. I was so surprised at how similar Heck is to Chandelier.

You are a wonderful resource to all of us here!!

Aquitaine and komokwa like this.
  5. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

you're most welcomed. Yes, the star array on the plateau is very similar to the Heck design. Agree that Heck and Chandelier do look very similar in photos but Chandelier is more visually proportional in design, whereas the prisms on Heck look a bit awkward to me...

6. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

It is a beauty.

ola402 and Aquitaine like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted