Featured Need help with a makers mark on a small bowl

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Miscstuff, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

Found this small bowl in an op-shop and it seemed to have some age to it. Can't find out who "JPW" is. At least that is my read of the stamp. Seems to have three kiln support marks as well. There's a name for them but my minds not working well enough to remember it. Any ideas when and who made it???
    Cheers
    Stephen
    1s.jpg 2s.jpg 3s.jpg 4s.jpg 7s.jpg

2. silverthwaite II

silverthwaite II Well-Known Member

3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

No, not Wedgwood. I don't actually think it's English.

4. Miscstuff

Bump - any ideas anyone?? Age / origin ???
    Cheers
    Stephen

judy likes this.
  5. FunkeysFinds

FunkeysFinds Well-Known Member

I don't know if it is helpful or not. I was able to find a few old links on Pinterest when I searched under 'pink transferware JPW' in Google. You can see the links indicate the pieces are French and antique. Unfortunately, my computer is being very cranky this morning and I am not able to locate any of the old, actual Pinterest links like I normally could (sorry). Hopefully someone has better luck or can provide more info.

6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Scratched in initials usually point to a hobbyist.

7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  8. Miscstuff

Sis the English one is J.H.W not J.P.W. and thanks for the pic of the bell bottom. I had trouble finding it for some reason. Can't find anything on J.P.W. Paris so this might just be one of those lost causes. Still I'll keep looking for a little while and then probably put it in my puzzle cabinet along with my streamlined "thingy".
    Cheers
    Stephen

9. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Still love that streamlined thingy:). Those are just marks I found when looking for JPW so wanted to sort of gather them together.

Draft saved Draft deleted