Featured Need Help with a Pair of Old Glass Parfait Glasses

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ola402, Mar 2, 2019.

1. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

DSCF3491.jpg DSCF3492.jpg DSCF3493.jpg DSCF3495.jpg DSCF3497.jpg These were in a box lot and when I pulled them out, I noticed that the glass is better than the average. It's very clear and shiny, well finished too. But I don't even know where to begin looking. The only pattern is the raised diamonds on the foot. I used my black light on it and whoo, practically had to hide my eyes they were so yellow. Measurements are 6 1/4" high, base is 3 5/8" across and top is 3 1/8" diameter. Could they be EAPG? Or just another mid-century piece? TY!

judy, cxgirl, i need help and 4 others like this.
  2. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

What could be more festive than parfait?! Fluorescent, no less! I ask you :)

3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

this is an EAPG era vase...
    Beaded Triangle; Diamond Pyramids; Inverted Imperial

McKee did make vases in several of their patterns with this shape as shown in their 1902 catalog....

but---
    Manufacturer: Indiana Tumbler & Goblet Co.; McKee Brothers; Belmont Glass Works; Federal Glass Co.; Royal Glass Co.

Measell (Greentown Glass..., see our Credits and References page) could not attribute this pattern to any factory. It is associated with Indiana Tumbler and Goblet Co. because of the chocolate pieces in the pattern--as chocolate glass was first developed by ITG. Only four chocolate pieces are known to exist. (However, in the National Greentwon Glass Association's book Greentown Glass A Collector's Guide, pages 120-121, see our Credits and Reference page, the chocolate pieces in this pattern are attributed to Royal Glass.)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    judy, Sandra, i need help and 2 others like this.
  4. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

Bummer.

judy and i need help like this.
  5. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Vases!! Does this mean I can't eat ice cream from them? Are we sure? Since they were made by Indiana Tumbler and Goblet Co., wouldn't they be some type of stemware?

LOL, thanks tallcakes! I had no idea they were vases, they're so small, for tiny flowers or dandelions. I guess that explains why I couldn't find anything about this pattern, looking for parfait glasses (even tried KW Sundae). Measell probably thought they were parfaits too, thus his inability to attribute to a company. Like minds and all. (just kidding).

I wonder if there are taller vases in this pattern, like in ascending sizes? That would be cool.

6. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Found a chocolate version on WP, about $20 with 2 chips. There's a chipped bowl on ebay right now. The EAPGS web site has 18 photos of this pattern. The large covered compote is Awesome.

Thanks again, tc!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  7. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

the McKee catalog has this vase shape ranging 6" to 12"

i need help likes this.
  8. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that info. They must be a little scarce, I'm not seeing any for sale. Wouldn't mind having a real tall one.

9. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Lots of contusion about this pattern. First, Bill Heacock found a printer's add showing this pattern and Fostoria's Louise in the same ad. Not a Fostoria pattern, but Bill didn't tumble to that.
    It turns out to have been made under National's umbrella by the Lancaster Glass Co. I don't have any information on it's original name. I believe it's possible that other National companies (McKee among others) may have made it after National ceased to exist.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted