Need help with cigar ashtray

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by gregsglass, Jan 15, 2018.

1. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have this 5¼" square chrome Fraternal ashtray . In the center is 1879 ZY then an apostrophe A and 1929. The back has a triangle with three letters and a triangle in the center. I know it is a 50th anniversary. I am hoping to get the right chapter and where it was or is. The date is good but the (' A ) is confusing as to which frat it belongs to.
    greg 011.JPG 010.JPG 012.JPG

KingofThings likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

That's a Greek psi, not a Y. So Zeta Psi is the frat you're looking for.

Bronwen and KingofThings like this.
  3. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

It may be from the Columbia University New York chapter which was an Alpha chapter. That would explain the "A". The 1879 date would be right & you are definitely in the right area to find one from that chapter.

https://zetapsi.org/about/chapters/

Bronwen, KingofThings and Bakersgma like this.
  4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the information. Sorry for the horrible photos but I just started taking pictures with the new camera and it is a horrible learning curve.
    greg

KingofThings likes this.
  5. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Gee...and here I thought your photos were just fine ;)

gregsglass likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted