Need help with old brass airplane..

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by staarfyyre, Jun 10, 2018.

1. staarfyyre

staarfyyre New Member

Hi. I need help again. I got this at an estate sale in a bag of jewelry. It's 3"x3"x1" tall. Its solid brass. Should I clean it at all because its pretty filthy, or is that wrecking the patina? Is it a paperweight? And, any idea what its worth? top[1].jpg top[1].jpg bottom[1].jpg side[1].jpg

2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

i need help, komokwa and Bakersgma like this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi, I would probably just gently wash it with soap and water if you think it's dirty, but NO scrubbing!! Wait for others more in the KNOW to check in!!!!! And yes, I was thinking the "Spirit of St. Louis" as well, but couldn't find a specific connection to the bridge.....

EDIT: OK, I just read @Kronos's second link, and the first sentence DOES provide a connection from what I'm thinking!! So, NICE paperweight AND souvenir!! Haven't seen a value though!!

i need help and komokwa like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i concur...

i need help likes this.
  5. Aquitaine

Hi.....well, I just got through scanning about 3000 images looking for souvenirs & memorabilia for either Eads Bridge or the Spirit of St. Louis, and came up with ONE "Spirit" image worth $4,500." but it had a watch inside....so not yours!!!! I did find a Historical Society for Sugar Creek, MO, which is near the Eads Bridge, and they are also on Facebook (I'm not anymore)....you might want to check with them...they Might have some info for you....who knows!! Good luck :

Sugar Creek Historical Museum Museum in Sugar Creek, Missouri Address: 606 N Sterling Ave, Sugar Creek, MO 64054 Phone: (816) 254-3742

i need help likes this.
  6. staarfyyre

staarfyyre New Member

Thank you guys so much! If anyone could venture a value? Like even what you might pay for one? All guesses welcome.

7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

There are some initials and things, I think. H.H. On wing, and maybe 2 things on the propeller. ?
    Also Ten spelled out on other wing.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Aquitaine likes this.
  8. Aquitaine

Good eyes, Hunting!! I missed them!!!

i need help likes this.
  9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

10. staarfyyre

staarfyyre New Member

Thank you all very much! I never would have seen those letters, my eyes ain't what they used to be.

judy likes this.