Need help with old stoneware bowl

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Joan, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Joan

Joan Well-Known Member

I'm clearing out my garage and will be asking for help from the experts here before I sell some things I bought years ago. I bought this bowl at a garage sale in Wisconsin and am wondering if anyone can tell me if I should refer to this as creamware or just cream-colored stoneware. I'd also like to know if I should call it a cereal bowl, soup bowl, or just a small bowl; and how old it is and where it might have been made (no marks on the bottom). Any help would be appreciated. The photo with the ruler is a little deceiving (it's 6.5" across the top). creamware-bowl-1.jpg creamware-bowl-2.jpg creamware-bowl-3.jpg creamware-bowl-4.jpg

2. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

I think it's restaurant ware from the 1930's to '50's. May have been used for soup/chili/salad or cereal.

Joan and Karen Bates like this.
  3. Joan

Joan Well-Known Member

Now that I look more closely, it does look like an old restaurant soup bowl. Thank you so much, Sandra, for your information.

Draft saved Draft deleted