Need help with small art glass vase style and technique

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Kevolee, May 20, 2021.

1. Kevolee

Kevolee Well-Known Member

Hi, I found this small glass vase and can't find anything really similar to it. It is signed on the bottom but I can't make out what the signature is. It is dated 2010. I was wondering
    if there is a name for the technique for making the dark swirls, and also about the gold
    speckled areas. It stands around 3" tall and is around 4.25" in diameter. Any answeres,
    ideas or leads will be very much appreciated.

IMG_9592.JPG IMG_9594.JPG IMG_9595.JPG IMG_9596.JPG IMG_9597.JPG

Attached Files:

2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Maybe this will help

IMG_9597 (2).JPG

3. Kevolee

Kevolee Well-Known Member

Thanks Kiko, I tried several other methods to enlarge or enhance it but the very first thing that jumped out at me was Janet Darcy, but that gets me nowhere and now I can't see anything else when looking at it.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  4. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

That's always the way. Unfortunately, there are a lot of artists that some reason or other, never make the big time. I have seen this style called confetti, but that's all I can give you.

Draft saved Draft deleted