Need Information on a bench/pew

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Cheri, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Cheri

Cheri Active Member

I did a simple refresh of this piece of furniture a while ago. I am planning on giving it to my nephew to help furnish a new house he just bought. However I know he is going to ask me what it is and I am not sure. I at first thought it was a church pew or bench but have not found any on line that look like it. I thought it could be an accent bench but the legs still make me think it is a pew of some type. Any information would be appreciated bench1.jpeg bench2.jpeg bench3.jpeg

2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about furniture, but this reminds me of a bookshelf in my family's home in the 50's. We had one on a landing on the front stair case and you could pick up or put down a book that interested you. It was always filled with book club books. On the other hand, it may have been a repurposed bench.

Cheri and komokwa like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

bookshelf...1st think i thought of also...
    i don't see any support for the weight of a sitting person...

Cheri and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I am getting the feeling that this has been modified from something else. Perhaps was originally a two tier occasional table.

Cheri and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  5. Cheri

Cheri Active Member

Thanks for the replies. At least I can tell him what it may be. I guess it will be whatever he wants it to be.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it can't be a seat if it won't hold his weight......
    check that out before you give him..............a bench ! ;):playful::playful::playful::inpain:

Draft saved Draft deleted