Need name of original painting and artist--this is a copy of an earlier painting.

Discussion in 'Art' started by Luis123456, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Luis123456

Luis123456 New Member

Hello, I need the name of the painting and the artist. I can't find it anywhere online.
    [​IMG]

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Luis. Have you tried reverse image search on Google?

I'm afraid that this small size image and no close ups of details or signature are not sufficient for anyone here to be able to help you in your quest. We normally like to see the entire painting, including any frame and the back, and get information from you about when and where you acquired it. And that's just for starters. Please help us to help you.

3. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

CE62F3E0-723D-4674-A18E-EE7D783AC795.jpeg This looks very much like it. Judd Gallet is the artist sold for $650 on Live Auctioneers. Can’t link sorry. All I did was plug in flower seller on Google. Which one is the original?..

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I personally like the one Luis posted - colors, detail, etc. But that doesn't mean that it's the original. Maybe a talented copyist improved on the original.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

I agree, Luis’s looks the better painted and I would think the original. The flower sellers hand looks very clumpy, the barrow looks as if the painter hadn’t a clue about the construction etc

6. Luis123456

Luis123456 New Member

7. Luis123456

Luis123456 New Member

Hi-- I did do the reverse image search. I think this is "reproduction painting" of a master. It is an actual painting not a giclee print. There is no signature. The canvas looks fairly new from the back. Thanks!

Figtree3 likes this.
  8. Luis123456

Luis123456 New Member

9. Luis123456

Luis123456 New Member

Hi--thanks so much. I googled Flower seller too and didn't come up with Judd Gallet, but that's it. Mine must've been done by a talented copyist. Thanks so much.

10. Luis123456

Luis123456 New Member

11. Luis123456

Luis123456 New Member

I did that--someone else on this thread was more successful. Thanks for all the help!

12. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

Can't help but think that somebody saw this one, but it's obviously not the one the previous two were copying.

Louis Marie de Schryver
    Rue Royale, Paris

temp01.jpg

Figtree3 and moreotherstuff like this.
  13. Luis123456

Luis123456 New Member

MIne is definitely nicer. Maybe I have the original!!!

14. Luis123456

Luis123456 New Member

That's nice--we found the artist: Judd Gallet, Parisian Street scene. The copy I have is more beautiful than the original signed painting. Mine was made a someone with a good eye. Thanks for all the help y'all!

PortableTreasures likes this.
  15. Luis123456

Luis123456 New Member

I really just have the copy but it's nicer than the original. Of course, it won't be worth as much.

16. Luis123456

Luis123456 New Member

Now I'm wondering if Judd Gallet was copying another painting.

Jivvy likes this.
  17. Jivvy

I'm going to disagree with that assessment.

I think Judd Gallet is just another guy who copied something. As best I can tell, Judd Gallet is one among gazillions painting generic Parisian street scenes -- I suspect he's "not a real person," but rather a paid factory painter and "Judd Gallet" is one of the names the factory worker was told to use.

18. Jivvy

Yes, that!

19. Luis123456

Luis123456 New Member

I wonder if Judd Gallet is a real person. I can't find any biographical info about him.

20. Luis123456

Luis123456 New Member

I don't think "Judd Gallet" is a real person. My painting doesn't have a signature--so it's def a very nice copy of another painting, but all of "Judd Gallet's" work looks copied. What's weird is the high prices on his "originals."

Draft saved Draft deleted