Need some feedback on my write up...

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Clara Munk, May 7, 2021.

1. Clara Munk

Clara Munk New Member

I need some help with my write up. I don't want to state something that this piece is NOT. I pulled some words from more knowledgeable antiquers

This is an absolutely gorgeous vintage breakfast hutch made by the Cushman Company in Bennington, Vermont. Cushman Colonial Collection has a reputation that each piece is built of solid wood and made to last. As you can see this hutch has a lot of storage space. Item #9024 is a 1939 introduction with more mainstream neo-colonial design. IMG_2380 (1).jpg IMG_2378 (1).jpg

Attached Files:

2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Assuming you are talking about a 'for sale' write-up. . .you will need to state dimensions.

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

As above, dimensions really important. What kind of wood? Does yours date to 1939 or was model introduced then and produced until... when? And more details on condition. Some close-up photographs and a photograph of the back. Throwing out another ideas... "Breakfast hutch" seems a bit limited, especially because so many kitchens these days are combined with casual dining areas. What about just "hutch" and the idea of "country kitchen?"

Debora

Aquitaine and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  4. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

Is that an original finish? Describing condition, any dings and scratches may be helpful. I always tell it all with my furniture for sale, especially more expensive PCs.

5. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

It's a reproduction of a Welsh dresser/cupboard, sometimes called a Pewter cupboard, used for displaying plates/china.

komokwa, Ghopper1924 and Branka like this.
  6. Clara Munk

Clara Munk New Member

thank you I totally forgot that

7. Clara Munk

Clara Munk New Member

thank you

8. Clara Munk

Clara Munk New Member

Thank you. I didn't know that.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted