Need some help identifying this bird!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by BeardedJoe, May 24, 2017.

1. BeardedJoe

BeardedJoe Member

Not sure if the marking on the bottom is Rookwood or not due to it being half covered. Reminded me of Overbeck when I first saw it. I am still new at this so any help is appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I can't read the mark too well, but Rookwood it's not. I think it's marked porzellan, probably a reference to the name of the pottery rather than the quality of the ceramic used. If I'm not all wet of course.... It's on the newer side - 70s or later. Beyond that, we need someone who knows more about pottery than I ever will.

3. BeardedJoe

BeardedJoe Member

Thanks evelyb30. Yeah I didn't think it was Rookwood either, but it's the only mark I could find that came close to the one on the bird. I appreciate your help!

judy likes this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Porzellan, in this context, means Pottery, as in a place that makes it. So it's German or Austrian studio pottery. Nice glaze.

5. BeardedJoe

BeardedJoe Member

Thank you for your help!

Draft saved Draft deleted