Need some help in identifying this oval picture frame with portrait

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by sunburns315, Feb 28, 2021.

1. sunburns315

sunburns315 New Member

image1.jpeg image3.jpeg image2.jpeg Hello Everyone! I need some help in identifying this 4.25 x 3.75 inch oval cast metal frame. It kind of looks like a Cameo Creations but there are marking on the back that I can't quite make out. There are crossing swords with other characters below. I am attaching a few pictures. Just looking to identify the maker of the frame, era, and who may be the lady in the portrait?

Thanks!!!!

Ken

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2021
    komokwa likes this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, Ken!
    I’ve enlarged your photos. Please check the box for Full Images, next time, Thanks :)

3. sunburns315

sunburns315 New Member

Thank you very much!!

komokwa and i need help like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

She's early Victorian. But a reproduction, I suspect.

Debora

5. sunburns315

sunburns315 New Member

any idea about the frame?

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Sorry, not a clue. But I wouldn't assume it's old. Those screws are extremely odd. Have you 1) done a Google Image search to see if the painting is a reproduction? and 2) opened up the back to see if there's any information inside?

Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted