Featured Need some help with English Imari Plates

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Dec 14, 2017.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! I am trying to identify the manufactures of these Imari plates. I have what I think are the survivors of a cake set. The master plate is about 10" across and the smaller plates are 6 1/8" across. There is a mark of H & B. on the back with a crown. I tried Godden's but all of the manufacturers that used an H & B mark went out of business before this set was registered (1889). Any help on who produced these would be much appreciated.
    Don

IMG_20171214_131917661.jpg IMG_20171214_131943325.jpg IMG_20171214_131734654.jpg

cxgirl, judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

That looks like it. Thanks so much! And for the link too. I recently changed my browser (Firefox was giving me fits so I switched to Chrome) and lost most of my links. For the life of me I could not remember thepotteries.org. Most appreciated!
    Don

4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

those are lovely plates!

Silver likes this.
  5. buyingtime777

buyingtime777 Well-Known Member

I am having a lot of trouble with Firefox too and am about to dump it after years. As a matter of fact I tried something else tonight but the bookmark thing was driving me crazy so I relented for now.:sorry:

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted