Featured Need some information

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jarvis Henson, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Jarvis Henson

Jarvis Henson New Member

2. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

Jarvis,

It looks Czech (Bohemian) Can you get a picture of the bottom for me?

lauragarnet likes this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I first thought Kralik,what a stunning piece.

lauragarnet likes this.
  4. desperate_fun

And, approximate size would help. It looks rather large

lauragarnet likes this.
  5. desperate_fun

Made by Fritz Heckert - The decor is "Changeant"

Very nice piece.

6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Lovely. Late 19th or early 20th.

lauragarnet likes this.
  7. Jarvis Henson

Jarvis Henson New Member

Does anyone know an estimated value? We would like to insure it but don't know how much.

8. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

You'd need to provide size/dimensions and a condition report (chips, cracks, etc) for anyone to make any kind of informed guess-timate. More pictures would be nice.:D It's a beautiful piece of glass.

You can search the internet for sold bowls of the same size, color and condition to find out what kind of prices they've brought in the past. Otherwise, seek out a professional appraiser.

Here are some links to info:

Fritz Heckert Changeant
    kralik-glass-com-kralik-images-Fritz-Heckert-Changeant-Bowl-in-Metal-Stand.jpg
    Recent research has uncovered Heckert factory documents showing that this decor was actually produced by Fritz Heckert.
    Examples of Changeant are typically attributed to, and sold as Loetz. Please also look at the "Silberband Shapes" at the top of the first decor page for Kralik for other examples, and wide variety of shapes the decor is found in.

In October of 2014 Volkmar Schordt announced that the facotry name for this decor was revealed by his research to be "Changeant".

The decors known for many years as Kralik Silberbands, are now known to actually be Frizt Heckert Changeant.
    http://www.kralik-glass.com/kraliksilberbandarray.html

M & D Moir
    Fritz-Heckert-Changeant-Bowl-Otto-Thamm-at-manddmoir.co.uk-screen-shot-Dec-7-2015.png
    Fritz Heckert -Changeant -Otto Thamm
    Impressive large, 9 inches across, green iridised Silberband (it's now known its original name was Changeant)Vase c1900. Designed by Otto Thamm for Fritz Heckert, Price £565

http://www.manddmoir.co.uk/phdi/p1.nsf/supppages/moir?opendocument&part=13

trip98 and dgbjwc like this.
  9. desperate_fun

lauragarnet,

I think that pricing is a tad optimistic. If it is in really good condition, I would expect it around $500.00 - $600.00 US

lauragarnet likes this.
  10. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

Hi desperate_fun,

I posted it for the informational text and pictures only. Those two links were the closest I could find to the shape of OP's.

So far, haven't found any sold examples.

11. desperate_fun

I came up empty on the solds as well. One thing this piece has going for it is the size. It looks to be about 12-13"

I have looked at Heckert pieces to add to our collection and never stumbled across this decor before. I might have to keep my eyes open for a smaller piece (and in my price range)

Draft saved Draft deleted