Need suggestion about the Art lot

Discussion in 'Art' started by jingyel, Nov 8, 2019.

1. jingyel

jingyel Well-Known Member

Hello,

I came across a storage unit 10 x 10' with framed and unframed art paintings.

With limited information, I just wonder if I shall give it a try or just pass it. paint.jpg paint1.jpg paint2.jpg

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

From what little I can see, I would pass..

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Rather depends on what it's going to cost, and what venues you have for selling. Looks to be someone's accumulation rather than the works of an individual. Your hope is that saleable stuff will outweigh the rest, but who can tell?

judy, Jivvy and Aquitaine like this.
  4. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Looks like the current situation in my office :D

komokwa, judy, Jivvy and 2 others like this.
  5. jingyel

Let's say the final bid is about $1,000, do you think I should give it a try?

judy likes this.
  6. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

I would maybe gamble 200 on it...maybe.

judy, Any Jewelry and Aquitaine like this.
  7. antidiem

no

judy and aaroncab like this.
  8. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

200 bucks but only if it also includes the ladder in the photos. At least you'll be able to get something of value...

9. jingyel

If one out of 100 piece has $300 value then it will be worthy. Seems to me there is a big chance. The location of the storage is close to big city and it appears the own has good taste for the collection...

10. antidiem

Oh yeah, the ladder! I didn't even think of that! LOL The big roll of paper would be burdenous to some, need plenty of storage room for these that is climate controlled and not damp so nothing mildews. $300 in value wouldn't make it worthwhile for me.

I would either bid $200 for them to pay me for my laborers to haul off everything, or I would bid $40 to pay them to walk through and take whatever I wanted and leave the rest behind. Indeed. Anything's possible. :cat:

judy likes this.
  11. antidiem

It looks like a 4' ladder at best? :hilarious::hilarious:

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted