Needing to sell furniture...

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Debra W, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Debra W

Debra W New Member

Hello, Everyone was so helpful when I first came to this site and I'm wondering if there are still any actual Antique dealers out there that buy/sell furniture. It's such a lost era of items, so many ppl nowadays are wanting to be minimalists and don't appreciate antiques, I love my late mother's collection but I just don't have anywhere to put them in my home. They had their own room at my mom's and now I'm having to clear out the house, it's SO sad. If anyone can share with me someone that might be interested in the whole lot, I would even be willing to transport it elsewhere if needed, just needs a good new home. Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can provide!

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

There are estate buyers but they usually dont offer much. Im not sure how one would locate one. Perhaps you can call a few estate sale people and see if they know some one.

judy and sabre123 like this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

A location would help, photos too. It might also be worth contacting an estate sale company. They'll take a cut, but at least the clearing out would be someone else's headache.

judy likes this.
  4. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

Nice of you to say, but you only posted one thread and were asked to post pics. But you never posted any pics of anything you have, nor even a description of how old, so I doubt we were much help.

Based on your moms age, she was probably buying furniture in the 60’s and 70’s. If she was buying new furniture, and if it was mid century style from known designers, then there could be some real demand for and value in what you have. On the other hand, if colonial style 20th century furniture then it could be “brown furniture” with very little demand and value. But since you never said what it was, it could even be she was buying very old antiques. We simply have no idea.

If you want anyone here to REALLY help then you will need to take and post some pics of what you have. Otherwise about all we can say is that her furniture is probably worth somewhere between $5 and $5000 each. Which I’m afraid isn’t really helpful.

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

someone that might be interested in the whole lot,

they do not exist.....

You will need to do some heavy lifting here & a fair amount of time to dispose of the entire inventory..

unless you can find , in your area , a company who clears out homes.
    They will take it all....in one fell swoop.....but u have to pay them to take it all.

Draft saved Draft deleted