Nesting Table Identification

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Gene Morrison, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Gene Morrison

Gene Morrison New Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Would you be kind enough to post a photograph of your tables please and a close-up of the mark you'd like to identify?

Debora

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Do you need assistance posting the images?? We're here to help.......

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Gene Morrison

Gene Morrison New Member

I figured it out. Lol. First time to do this.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Everyone has trouble their first time. Will be second nature shortly. Do be sure and click on Full Image so you photographs are easy to see. And, in addition to this, we'll need a photograph of the tables themselves. That helps direct us to country of origin and age which, in turns, helps identify the maker.

Debora

36D7F94C-1070-47B5-AE2A-1C14E7B42295.jpg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. Gene Morrison

Gene Morrison New Member

upload_2020-6-30_4-38-58.jpeg

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. Gene Morrison

Gene Morrison New Member

I finally managed to get the photo of the tables. Thanks so much for your patience.

Debora likes this.
  8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

English, oak, 20th C repros, good quality. We did a lot of that. Early 50s or later - can you get me a close up of that mark please? Several companies did this stuff.

Debora likes this.
  9. Gene Morrison

Gene Morrison New Member

10. Gene Morrison

Gene Morrison New Member

[​IMG]

I am having issues posting photos. When I try to send one my file is too large. Can I email this so you could look at it?

11. Ownedbybear

Email yourself the photo, choose medium as a size, then save it. That ought to let you upload it.

Figtree3 likes this.
  12. Gene Morrison

Gene Morrison New Member

Thanks!

13. Gene Morrison

Gene Morrison New Member

14. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Might be a JC which might be Jaycee furniture who also made Old Charm, lots of it around in UK.
    EF448D0B-8585-4785-B53F-5F38A26A72EB.jpeg 825EC5D0-531D-4447-BBA4-04B56925408F.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  15. Ownedbybear

Yup, agreed. My first thought was Old Charm. Pretty typical.

Figtree3 likes this.
  16. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

You did terrific, Gene, your first time posting. Did you get all the information you need about your tables?

Debora

17. Gene Morrison

Gene Morrison New Member

I did Debora. This is an outstanding site. You guys really know your stuff!

18. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

:) Hi Gene!! Glad you got your images up!!!! Nice set of nesting tables too!! I love the mark burned into the underside! What I'm seeing, whether I've inverted it or just enhanced the contrast a wee bit is a cutie profile facing right, of a fox, unless I miss my guess!!!! I hope others see it too, as it may be a clue to the maker as well!!! Below that mark, you're probably going to think I'm crazy, but......if you look at the top RIGHT corner of the BACKWARDS part of the "J"....it looks like wood missing.....not to me....I "think" I see another caricature type profile of a guy smirking, facing in the same direction as the "fox".....guy has a flat top head.....well, I'll either be validated or 'vilified'-:happy::happy::jawdrop::joyful:

WOODEN MARK-gigapixel-XX.jpg

Figtree3 likes this.
  19. Gene Morrison

Gene Morrison New Member

Too funny. Being a complete rookie at this I thought it was some kind of a bird. Lol. It looked like a beak! At any rate, I will be back. I stumble across things at garage sales that Google Image can’t seem to identify. I ran a lot of searches to no avail until I stumbled across this site. It is sooooo much easier when you have the right information!!!

Figtree3 and Ghopper1924 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted