New and Looking around

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Loretta Humble, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Hi, I am Loretta Humble, live in a little farm house outside Malakoff, Texas. I am a very a very healthy 80 year old. I love interesting finds, though I am not a dealer, occasionally I find something good and would love help identifying it.
    I'm not sure I am in the right place for what I'm looking for right now. If I am not, I hope you will direct me to a more appropriate forum before you send me on the way.
    I have recently become the owner of 40 "Poultry in Motion" figurines, and would like help determining their value. I have checked the "sold" ones on eBay, but I have several that are not there.
    Would some kind person please direct me to a place where I can find some help, if indeed this is not where I belong.
    Thanks in advance.
    Loretta

2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, Loretta! :)

4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Perhaps it won't be of any help at all, as I just looked at the site again, and there are NO prices. I didn't read your post correctly. I thought you were looking for ID's of the figures in your possession.

5. Hi Judy, Thank you for looking. I did find that site, and really thought I had something. I even wrote them to ask for guidance, but got no answer. As well as they are selling on eBay, I know there has to be somebody somewhere that knows pricing on the rare ones. But thanks again for taking your time to Google for me.

6. And by the way, am I appropriate for this site? They are calling these roosters vintage, but I don't think that qualifies as antique. Please somebody steer me to another forum if I don't belong here.

kyratango and Christmasjoy like this.
  7. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Loretta!

What a shame that the company did not reply.

You do belong here.

Most posts do not deal with 100 year old items.

It doesn't have to be 100 years old to be of interest or to have value.

Many true antiques have very little value, but some collectibles are high in value.

Please stay.

8. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

We recently had someone else ask a similar question, it was a resounding “please stay” response. Many people just have an interest in learning what they can about anything. :)

kyratango, Christmasjoy, judy and 2 others like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I agree, you are very welcome with any questions, Loretta, so welcome to Antiquers.

10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

11. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Welcome, Loretta!

12. BaseballGames

BaseballGames Well-Known Member

13. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Loretta!

14. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME, Loretta!!! I too had never seen or heard of 'PoultryInMotion', but they ARE intriguing!!!!! Best of luck if you're looking to sell them!!! AND, Please DO stay!!! I'm sure you'll have other things to question as time goes by!!!!! Besides, we have a lot of fun here!!:):):):)

15. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Of course you 'belong' here Loretta !! WELCOME !! ... Joy.

16. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

17. What a bunch of lovely people! Of course I'll stay. And I will follow the links suggested above.

18. AuDragon

AuDragon Well-Known Member

Hi Loretta. Welcome from Australia. Like minded people come from all over the world and I have found this forum a treasure trove of knowledge, interest, amazing insights and fun! Now where is that morning coffee? ;)

19. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Welcome!
    One suggestion for price info would certainly be to check closed listings on ebay.

Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted