New and looking for info

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Slm, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Slm

Slm New Member

0358C3D3-086D-4EA9-8C26-4C6AED318049.jpeg Hi I came across this refurbished piece of furniture on Etsy. I fell in love, however it is sold. Does anyone know who the manufacturer is or any info where I could look, google etc to find one like this?
    Thank you

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I’ve moved this thread to Furniture Forum.

Any Jewelry and Slm like this.
  3. Slm

Slm New Member

Thank you

Ghopper1924 and i need help like this.
  4. Steward01

Steward01 New Member

Looks like Spanish Revival to my eye. Sorry I’m not of more help.

Ghopper1924, i need help and Slm like this.
  5. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

6. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Not sure James is around much these days.

Looks like a credenza loosely based on 17th century English cupboard prototypes.

I'd use keywords and phrases like "Jacobean revival credenza" and "Jacobean revival buffet" to find similar pieces.

No idea who the manufacturer might be.

7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Psst. The OP already said it was sold. ;)

Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  9. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Agree with Ghopper. 1920s revival piece. Similar to those produced by Berkey and Gay but many others made similar. This has been refinished lighter than original so any you find will probably need some major work to achieve this look. The wood is oak so you may want to confine your search accordingly.

Slm and Ghopper1924 like this.
  10. Slm

Slm New Member

11. Slm

Slm New Member

The Etsy refinisher sent me a photo of the original piece.

Attached Files:

12. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Just my opinion but I like the original finish better than the 'after'.

Any Jewelry and Slm like this.
  13. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

So do I. In its current state it looks sadly stripped and dry, with only the carvings as redeeming features.

[​IMG]

14. Slm

Slm New Member

Me not knowing a thing about furniture..I like the original too. And I would have thought that since the end doors were recessed that would have given a better clue as to who the manufacturer was. If anyone sees anything like this please forward would love to see this in my home.

15. mark737

mark737 Well-Known Member

Ghopper1924 and Slm like this.
  16. Slm

Slm New Member

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  17. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

18. mark737

mark737 Well-Known Member

Auctions seem intimidating but can be one of the best ways to get good deals on furniture, especially antiques. You do have to factor in the buyer's premium, a fee you pay the auction house on top of the bid price. It's 23% at this particular auction, which is typical. And then there are shipping costs. I have used UShip in the past and like their model. You essentially describe the item and put in a request for bids and then multiple small shippers give you bids. To ship something like a sideboard from GA to PA , I'd estimate around $500. So, obviously it's best to focus on auctions within driving distance of your home. Being in PA, you have a lot of options.

Aquitaine likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted