New Google Books only shows few lines at a time

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by springfld.arsenal, May 15, 2022.

1. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

With full-text books there’s only a narrow window of maybe 5 lines in view so you have to keep scrolling, very irritating to me. I’ll have to call same book up in the old site to see whole pages. What’s this about? Is there a button to see full pages?

Figtree3 likes this.
  2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Computer, tablet, and/or mobile? I'm not seeing anything like that looking at a free novel-type book.

3. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

4. sabre123

Opens in the old Google Books.

I'm looking at it on a desktop, and it appears there's a search criteria entered into the search entry box, hence the partitioned search results (narrow panels). However, it displays in full pages upon initial click of the URL, but if I hit the back button, it goes to the search view.

Do you see see a "Clear search" anywhere?

5. Jon L

Jon L Well-Known Member

Figtree3 likes this.
  6. sabre123

I just tried on my iPad. There is a Close Search in the upper right. If you tap that, it should display full pages.

Born2it likes this.
  7. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Or.....how about trying one of those paper page-y things? :)

Draft saved Draft deleted