Featured New medals and badges

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by Leonardo Scherer, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Leonardo Scherer

Leonardo Scherer Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

It's been a long time since my last post, and I have got some new pieces, and some really nice ones...

11th Hussars Cap Badge:
    [​IMG]

Iron Cross and Hindenberg Cross ribbon bar:
    [​IMG]

Iron Cross miniature (any info on this is welcome):
    [​IMG]

Sudetenland Medal:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Medal of War from Brazil from WW2 (this is the name of the medal... I guess they were not very creative). Awarded to the military, Brazilian or from allied nations, or civilians who have performed relevant services during wartime or on special government missions. It was created by Decree-Law No. 6,795 of August 17, 1944.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Peacemaker Medal (Medalha do Pacificador), I think I already posted this, but now I got the ribbon bar for it too, it has a slightly different collor and that's due to different maker.
    [​IMG]

Aeronautical Merit Order miniature medal.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For this one, I have already posted the breast plate:
    [​IMG]

Nazi postcard:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And now, the best aquisition I have ever made: Iron Cross 1st class from ww2.

Here goes how I got it:

Last month I made a big gamble on this piece. Saw it at an online auction starting very cheap, pictures of the front and back, looking good, showed to a friend, who is a long time collector, and he said it looks original.

I won the auction for a third of it's value (I paid R$300 around 70USD, here in Brazil it's worth around R$900, around 210USD), which is still quite a lot of money for a college student and for the last month I have been worrying and regretting buying that thing, the pin on the back was looking weird, not just the pin, all of the back looks too new...

When it arrived I teared the package in a hurry to check if there was a sign that it was not one piece, and it seems like the frame is not one with the core... Rushed to find a magnet and my heart almost stopped as I put it close to the medal... It sticked... It happens that the pin has been replaced and the back has been polished or cleaned, but it is original... I was so happy I almost cryed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tom Mackay

Tom Mackay Well-Known Member

Nerve-wracking ! I'm glad that worked out !

cxgirl and Leonardo Scherer like this.
  3. Michael77

Michael77 Well-Known Member

Nice collection! thanks for posting them with some history.

cxgirl and Leonardo Scherer like this.
  4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

so glad to hear it is original, good score for you:)
    Leonardo, do you collect all military badges or just certain time periods or countries?

Leonardo Scherer likes this.
  5. Leonardo Scherer

Leonardo Scherer Well-Known Member

I try to focus on Brazilian and German. But I have from France, Belgium, UK...
    For German stuff I usually keep it WW1 and WW2.
    I like British cap badges so if I find them for a good price I buy regardless of period.

cxgirl likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted