New Member Here! "Memories of Dallas" Facebook Page

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Paul Heckmann, May 1, 2018.

1. Paul Heckmann

Paul Heckmann New Member

Greetings,

My name is Paul Heckmann and I created the Memories of Dallas Facebook page. Much of it leans more toward specific clubs, restaurants and so forth but we also reminisce on Big Chief writing pads, phone dialers, slinkies - stuff from our childhoods. Since age ranges from the 20s to the mid 90s, those memories are eclectic as heck.

Yesterday I ran across a phone dialer with a bell on the end. I just posted on the other page trying to find out the true purpose for the bell. Even my 95 year old mom didnt know and she pretty much knows everything!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Cannot get into your Facebook, but the bell has a charming purpose. When one is on the phone with Great Aunt Maud, who has a variety of unpleasant ailments to discuss, if perchance one reaches the outer limits of tolerance and sympathy, one may then ring the little bell and announce that someone is at the front door, the cake in the oven is done, or the man to sharpen the knives is outside the window and he only waits a minute or two before moving on.

:)

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi Paul, and WELCOME to the site!! You'll find lots of information (!Usually!!) and add in some fun!! And I Love @silverthwait's reply!!!!!

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Paul!

Christmasjoy and Paul Heckmann like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Paul.

6. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

7. Paul Heckmann

Paul Heckmann New Member

appreciate it folks! Love the old goodies that you might have seen laying around grandma's house when you were a kid, but you didnt exactly know what they were. You knew they were important to her so finding out what they were gets you just that much closer to those gone before.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  8. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Welcome to the forum! We love history here! Urban development history is fascinating. I'm hoarding old photos/postcards/other items from my city.

9. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WELCOME Paul !!! ... Joy.

Paul Heckmann likes this.
  10. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum, Paul!

Draft saved Draft deleted