Featured New member of the family

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Karl bramley, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Karl bramley

Karl bramley Leather man

IMG_2401.JPG I have been to my local car boot today and purchased this beautiful boy I payed £5 for him know the decision to keep him or sell him on he is about 4 ft hight and about 5 in length what would you do

2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Nice!
    Sure he's him? ;)
    -
    Depends on value and how much I'd like to keep him VS sending him out to stud.
    ;)

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

at 27....I'd hold her till my kids could use her !!!

4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Karl, sell her quickly - before you have kids!

My daughter, who's now older than you are, had one very similar when she was a child.

Riding that horse eventually led to the "need" to ride REAL horses... She has had her (real) horse, now retired, for some 24 years, and let me tell you, REAL horses are a horribly expensive habit!

Dear daughter & her horse road the Pony Club and Young Riders show circuits for several years, and let me tell you, none of that comes cheap! (I used to say that the horse had more clothes than I did, and that was just the start of it...)

When DD went off to college & grad school out of the country, her Dad & I were stuck with the stable fees for the poor horse left behind.

Anyway, your rocking horse is delightful, but I say, sell her now, before it's too late!

p.s. what happened to the poor horse's tail???

KingofThings, judy, Aquitaine and 4 others like this.
  5. buyingtime777

buyingtime777 Well-Known Member

He would stay in my house. I was one of those kids that drove my parents crazy until they got me a horse. He was a beautiful Tennessee Walker that didn't care much for people and despised young girls. I learned to ride very well and rode every day to spite him. :happy:

6. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

LOL, oh dear, and all this from a toy pony!!

7. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Agree with some above posters! Cost more to keep daughter's hunter/jumper horses than send her to college.

8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

OMG....you just basically quoted my life!!! We had a near-life-size carousel in our dining room that my Dad rigged a sliding base for....I rode that horse day and night!!!! Until it turned into a real one that I got at about age 14 that we kept until I went to college, then gave my beloved Peter Townsend to friends who had young children....he lived to 31 or 32....they had other horses....but he was as special to them as he was to me.....they buried him in their front yard!!! YEP.....horses cost my parents a VERY PRETTY PENNY, I can attest to that!!:happy::happy::hilarious::happy: (And now I have tears streaming thinking that much about it all.....ah well....a life well lived!!) Here's a pic of the carousel horse.....

zCarouselHorse copy.jpg

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    Figtree3, judy, Christmasjoy and 10 others like this.
  9. James Conrad

JESUS! girls & their pony, shoes and pocketbook fetish! I had no idea it was this extensive. Makes me glad i had boys but now that i think about it, boys aren't all a bowl of cherries either.....

10. Aquitaine

@Karl bramley , ya gotta get some rope that matches the mane, loosen it and give her a tail!!!!!! She looks Nekked without one!!! :p:p:p And I'll NOT hear a WORD from you KINGSIE!!!!!!! Nary a ONE!!!!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

judy, komokwa, Christmasjoy and 4 others like this.
  11. James Conrad

Yes, by all means, you must decorate the toy pony!

12. Aquitaine

James.....you had to live it to understand!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

13. James Conrad

I know that's right!

14. KingofThings

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  15. Aquitaine

OK.............1...:banhappy::playful:

judy and KingofThings like this.
  16. KingofThings

:)

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted