New Member - Thanks for the add :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Terence Kimble, Aug 19, 2020.

1. I am here to help gather information for a Habitat for Humanity restore I work at. Some of you may know about these stores, and know that we take donations from all walks of life, including a lot of antiques. My Mother and Father dealt in antiques most of their lives, and although a bit rubbed off on me. I still have a lot to learn. I know to watch especially furniture for markings of makers, or tags somewhere (usually the back) but when it comes to having no tags or stamps I'll admit I need assistance, thus I am joining your forum.

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Terrence! Re-Stores are great! Wish there was one close to me!

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Welcome, Terence! You'll find lots of knowledgable people here.

Debora

Christmasjoy and Terence Kimble like this.
  4. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Hi, Terence, and welcome to the party!

Christmasjoy, Terence Kimble and judy like this.
  5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, Terence! :)

Christmasjoy and Terence Kimble like this.
  6. Thank you all for the welcome, albeit short lived. Being verbally attacked by member is not why I joined. This particular member obviously knows nothing about my place of employment, who we employ and why we exist, enough to bash me and Habitat for Humanity. We do great things for our community, and I won't stand idly by and have it bashed like a common thrift store. We are far more than that. I thank the members here who actually had positive input on my situation though. Thanks again all!

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

???????

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    Christmasjoy likes this.
  8. komokwa

you can private message me from the inbox above.........
    @Terence Kimble

Christmasjoy likes this.
  9. komokwa

Oh....& welcome aboard.........one bad apple......don't....... you know !!!!

Christmasjoy and Aquitaine like this.
  10. I know, I know :) Just at my age that one bad apple can leave a sour taste komokwa. Always learned to speak to someone the way you would like to be spoken too ya know. I really do appreciate the members that helped me, and for that I'm going to hang around. Thanks!

Any Jewelry, Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
  11. komokwa

Good...I like a guy who helps others......& has a thick skin !!!

There will be jokes though !!! ( specially when I'm in a mood !! ) :playful::playful::playful::playful::playful::playful::eek:

12. Jokes are always a great thing, got to have a sense of humor to get through life!

Christmasjoy, Aquitaine and komokwa like this.
  13. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Welcome, Terence! Please don't let one off-base and perhaps uninformed comment ruin your experience here! This tends to be a "safe", friendly sort of place, and I'm sorry you met with a sour opinion.

I have long been a HUGE supporter of Habitat for Humanity and knew many individuals and families in my old locale in CT who worked on and even lived in Habitat homes.

We often had "extra" kids living with us in our home when my own kids were growing up, and one of them, a young teenaged girl, stayed with us for 9 months until her own family's Habitat home was ready. These were families who never could have owned their own homes otherwise. It was always a joy to see.

When I lost a sister several years ago, I donated almost all of her household possessions to Habitat, including everything from furniture to kitchenware to artwork and decorative home items. From what I heard, her stuff quite literally flew off the floor & the shelves of our local Restore. It made me happy that others could enjoy and use her things. I certainly did not need it, even though I had purchased much of it for her.

A couple of years after that, when my husband and I moved from CT, we donated almost half a house's worth of furniture to Habitat. Bookcases galore (many of which the store ended up keeping to display their own merchandise) as well as beds, chairs, light fixtures, and much more. They were thrilled to have it all, and again, I was thrilled that others could use it.

Keep up the great work, Terence. You DO have supporters!

14. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Welcome to the forums!

Christmasjoy and Aquitaine like this.
  15. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi Terrence and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS!!!:):):) Glad you're deciding to stick around!! Aside from all sorts of finds and antiques, we tend to have a bit of fun, and even blow off a wee bit of steam on the "Resurrection of Rants N Raves Forum"!!!!!! Being a world-wide site, can also get somewhat of a 'free' education as well!:hilarious::hilarious: I try to let negative comments roll-off usually and chalk it up to THEY may be having a REALLY BAD day or time of it......pretty tough on everyone out there at the moment......DOESN'T justify anything......just sayin'.....Have a GREAT night!!!

Any Jewelry, Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
  16. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WELCOME Terence !!! ... Joy. :):):)

komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  17. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Terence.
    I am sorry you got a negative response from one of our members, but I am glad you decided to give us a second chance.
    I live in Europe, but have heard of Habitat for Humanity, and I will be happy to help find information if I can.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
  18. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Welcome, and thanks for your work with Habitat for Humanity!

Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted