NEW THRIFT STORE FIND...I DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT IT IS!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Apr 10, 2018.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Found this in a bag that was regular $12.9 but the color made it 1/2 price. The belt? band? was folded underneath & I thought it was a old scale so I bought it.
    I have no idea what this is or what it was used for. Way too small t be a belt, too big + no buckle or buckle marks to be a bracelet - why would someone have a cup and medallions screwed into a leather strip?
    Advertising gold dust dealer is all I could think of!
    Note: it has old slot screws so probably at least pre 50's or 60's, right?
    Anyone know what the heck this is?
    AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY BOWL AND MEDALLIANS 1A.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY BOWL AND MEDALLIANS 1AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY BOWL AND MEDALLIANS 2A.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY BOWL AND MEDALLIANS 3A.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY BOWL AND MEDALLIANS 3AA.jpg

AJefferson likes this.
  2. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

It has the look of an ashtray that straddles the arm of a chair or sofa.
    Here`s one with horse brasses either side.

s-l1600.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted