Featured New to Antiquers!

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Johnny Baker, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Johnny Baker

Johnny Baker New Member

Hi everyone, thankful to be part of this forum. We're from central Kentucky and my wife and I are in our late 50's and have loved antiques all of our life. My wife Leasa is an accountant at her bank and been there for 30 years, and I'm a minister and missionary to Haiti, have a small taxidermy business also.

Most of what's in our home is antique and we so enjoy taking road trips and picking up new pieces that we then have to make room for, lol. So, thanks again for having us on this forum and we will be asking for help, but probably don't have much to offer you in information, lol.

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Johnny. And Leasa too, of course.:)

TraceyB and judy like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Johnny and Leasa!

4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Johnny & Leasa!

Welcome to Antiquers.............:cat:

TraceyB likes this.
  5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

welcome aboard

6. Johnny Baker

Johnny Baker New Member

bedroom suit 1.jpg bedroom suit 2.jpg bedroom suit 3.jpg bedroom suit 4.jpg bedroom suit 5.jpg bedroom suit 6.jpg Thanks to everyone so far for the welcome.

Leasa and I picked up a bedroom suit in northern Ohio yesterday that had been sold out of Buddy's Furniture in Youngstown. Inside one of the drawers of the chest was a sticker with: "American Furniture Company-Romweber Industries Master-Made Furniture. I researched the company and they still have the old factory building and have updated it with modern amenities. We'd like to visit sometime.

We also would like to know what wood exactly our suit is made of. I'm no expert obviously, but I do know certain woods of course. This looks like walnut or mahogany to me but I don't think mahogany has this type of burl. Could it be maple? The company said that they manufactured mainly with maple.

It has a shiny finish and we're not sure what is a safe cleaner/polish for it. Any advice and suggestions would be a big help.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2021
    judy and TraceyB like this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

this is the Intro Forum....
    maybe @i need help ....or another Moderator could move your post to the FURNITURE FORUM.........where folks will see it.........

judy, TraceyB and i need help like this.
  8. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Welcome to the forums! I agree with @komokwa , your second post belongs in the furniture section of the forum. Hopefully the mods can split it from this intro thread.

komokwa, judy and TraceyB like this.
  9. TraceyB

TraceyB Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum to you both :happy:

judy likes this.
  10. ritzyvintage

ritzyvintage Well-Known Member

Greetings to you both from England UK :)

judy likes this.
  11. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Your set is predominately walnut burl veneers. It has a lesser wood (birch?) solids stained to match. Would date your set to circa 1940.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  12. Johnny Baker

Johnny Baker New Member

sorry, new to the forum, still trying to figure it all out

13. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

There is often a learning curve, nothing to worry about.
    Welcome!

14. Sedona

Sedona Well-Known Member

Welcome! Those lovely.

Draft saved Draft deleted