New to forum. Looking for info on painting.

Discussion in 'Art' started by HartParr1986, Feb 26, 2016.

1. HartParr1986

HartParr1986 New Member

Hello,
    I am looking for info on this painting. I have had it around awhile and would like to find out a little more about it. It is signed M. Louck. I am no expert but it looks fairly old and generally dark in color. The pictures actually make it look much lighter than it is. I would appreciate any help.
    Thanks

098.jpg 102.jpg

099.jpg 101.jpg

2. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Hola, and welcome to the Forums!
    I couldn't find M. Louck on my lists of artists... others will have more extensive information, I bet...
    Meanwhile... I'll take a few shots. It's a very dark piece, isn't it? Is that due to age and dirt or was that the original composition? Some experts here may be along later to advise you on experimenting with a bit of cleaning. If that IS the way it was meant to look, well, it's a very dark impressionistic vision, to me, of a landscape? Seaside? A levy? A winding road under a very imposing sky? And dark travelers. I actually like it! Just a last note... are we sure that the name is as you said? Could it be N Louck? M. Lough? A bit of experimenting might yield something. Good luck!

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Do believe it to be late 19th or early 20th century. Can't find anything on the artist after a very quick search of a couple different possibilities. Not a lot of time right now to did any deeper.

Draft saved Draft deleted