Newbie - Help Needed Pottery Oriental (Blue and White)

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by SA79, Jul 22, 2017.

1. SA79

SA79 New Member

Hi,

I am newbie to this forum and I am not a keen collector of antiques. I just sometimes buy stuff which I like rather than for specific antique value.

Recently I came across a blue and white bowl which I bought as I likes the design on it(and for the fact that it was very cheap). I need help in identifying its origin - Like whether it is of Japanese or Chinese origin and How old it is. I am posting few photographs of it along with the markings on the bottom of the bowl.

Can someone please help? Thanks

P7220178.JPG P7220180.JPG

Attached Files:

KingofThings and toomanytocount like this.
  2. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

I suggest you will get more help if you list the material ie pottery, glass etc along with a a brief description such a blue oriental pattern. Otherwise you may get folks like me who can only tell you it is baked dirt.

KingofThings likes this.
  3. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome!

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME, SA79!! If you click on the "FULL IMAGE" words at the top of the list of your images, we'll be able to see ALL of them FULL SIZED!! Thanks!!! And you're closing in on 1MB each I see....be sure to keep them UNDER the 1MB each!!!:):):):) Like your bowl, but can't help on it though!

KingofThings likes this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum SA97.

KingofThings likes this.
  6. SA79

SA79 New Member

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies and welcome messages. Probably the pixel size of the camera resulted in the large size pictures. I am reloading two images as full pictures. Hope this helps :) P7220181.JPG P7220183.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted