News: Cleveland Estate Sale Proprietor Accused Of Wrongdoing.

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Joe2007, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Yikes. Unfortunately, news stories like this are not really that surprising. Being in a cash heavy business, like estate sales creates ample opportunities for theft. Especially when many of the heirs just want the stuff gone so the real estate can sell and have no clue what anything is worth in the real world.

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

There are some estate sale companies here who don't treat their sale-goers very well. Dunno if they're actually thieves, but you have to wonder. Some companies are very honest and reputable. Others... make me curious.

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I just not long ago attended an estate sale of a gay man of a certain age who's house was stuffed full of art deco ,murano glass,old movie star memorabilia etc.Talked to the estate sale guy who was a friend of the occupant and he filled me in. Said the sister in NYC wanted nothing from the house at all. Not even family photos.Just sell it all and send her a check. She hadnt seen or spoken to him in many years. If ever a situation was ripe for exploiting that one sure was.He was only a few years older than me,wich made me very sad for him that he had no one closer to leave his worldly goods to. Didnt we have a poster on here that was an auction scammer ?

Potteryplease and komokwa like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

yes we did......and even the outpouring of affection and support she got here...could not turn her from the dark side !!!:arghh:

say_it_slowly and johnnycb09 like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Greed will out sometimes. If an estate seller pockets a dollar here and an LP there, they'll never get caught. It's the one who get greedy who get nailed.

The estates full of stuff the family couldn't care less about are pretty common, alas.

6. Sdcookie2

Sdcookie2 Well-Known Member

Throw her in jail! Unscrupulous people like this are disgusting to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted