Featured Nice Jewelry

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by kardinalisimo, Mar 21, 2016.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

2. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Ohhhhhhhh.... for the Birdhouse Watch.

KingofThings likes this.
  3. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the link. We had a special exhibit jewelry show from Cartier last year at our Art Museum. Honestly, some of the pieces auctioned here rival the traveling Cartier show.

Mostly what I noticed was the selling price of the first few pieces I checked. It seemed like things were selling for 2-3 times the estimate. The first Cartier brooch listed at an estimate of $300,000 to $500,000 and sold for over a million. Boucheron bracelet was given an estimate of $150,000 to $250,000 and sold for $797,000. Amazing.

4. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

They were probay expensive at the time of production but wonder what was their initial sell prices.

5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Shirley Temple's blue diamond is expected to bring 25 million. Her dad bought it for her 12th birthday. He paid 7 thousand for it.
    greg

6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Mouth wateringly luscious !

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

WeeeFrog.jpg

Sez ME....Scrumdeelicious Site!!!!

cxgirl and yourturntoloveit like this.
  8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

GROAAAN.......

9. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this link - amazing pieces!

10. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Wonder about all the people who owned these wonderful pieces in the past. They all have to be passed on when we pass on, hope that's not too morbid but makes you think. No wonder the Egyptians wanted to take all their things with them.

11. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Love the 18kt gold pig purse!! Or rather "Cochon", according to Sotheby's. Am dying to know the back story on that one. Maybe the people who had it made were wealthy due to livestock? Can't imagine carrying that purse otherwise.

Draft saved Draft deleted