Featured Nice perfumes or junk?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lynnie, May 7, 2016.

1. Lynnie

Lynnie Active Member

Please give me the benefit of your experience. I picked these up last week. I know NOTHING about perfume bottles. These have the daubers intact. Are they worth listing to sell, or should they go in the yard sale pile? Neither is marked, as far as I can tell.

perfume3.jpg perfume2.jpg perfume1.jpg

2. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

Research Egyptian Glass Perfume. That is what these are. These became popular giftware items about 20 years ago or so. Still being sold new today

3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Those are Egyptian. They're sold widely there as souvenirs, and I like them. They'd sell, but they're almost impossible to pack.

lauragarnet and KingofThings like this.
  4. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

I don't understand the packing issue. Do you mean if they have perfume within?

lauragarnet likes this.
  5. Ownedbybear

No, it's that they're incredibly paper thin and really really fragile.

6. KingofThings

I see though wouldn't be an issue for me to worry about.

lauragarnet likes this.
  7. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

As ownedbybear said, incredibley fragile but I have shipped a few of these double boxed without any problems. After tissue paper and several layers of bubble wrap, I place them in a box with lots of cushioning on all the way around and then, place that box into a larger box with more cushioning, at least 3" all the way around.

8. Wanttoknow

Wanttoknow Well-Known Member

Agree! But, if you will find one day nice Guilded Ornate Brass tray with mirror (often called Hollywood REgency style) and will take pictures with this bottles and some other tiny cute items you will be able to sale your tray (without decor items) very fast and with bigger price than exactly same tray pictures made just empty. But don't forget to add in the description that other items just for display. Then one day, I just sold similar tray with all decor. Purchased $3.99 large ornate gilded brass mirror tray + $4.99 (3 similar bottles and couple metal tiny jewelry boxes) + $4.50 (faux pearl necklace & couple gold tone necklaces) = sold for $72.00 + shipping :joyful:

9. KingofThings

EXACTLY!!!! :)

10. Wanttoknow

Wanttoknow Well-Known Member

Would sell, but sooooo cheap. Just spent time for packing will be more expensive. :yuck:

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Ha !
    Thank you for posting this Lynnie.....I had my moms in my hand two days ago..( looks like the 1st one.) & wodered if it could be anything.......now I know it's not !

12. Lynnie

Lynnie Active Member

Thank you all for your expertise. Egyptian, huh?

Lynnie

KingofThings likes this.
  13. Ownedbybear

Glass from Egypt, Jordan and Israel is typically very thin indeed. The Jordanian stuff is lovely: I somehow got home a large ewer.

KingofThings likes this.
  14. AlainGagnon

AlainGagnon Bonjour, hey bien Oui, Canadian Français ; - D

Hi
    Lynnie
    Yes,,,,, very thin and small, perfume look like bottle, decorative purpose only, not even able to hold something in it, to thin layer.
    Some others country made those, like Spain.
    I annexed a picture of a trio found 6 month ago at the thrift store.
    Still very pretty

PICT0121.JPG

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted