Norwegian Silver Candlesticks .

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Iouri, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Iouri

Iouri Well-Known Member

Please take a look at this item. I would love to know more information about it. IMG_2453.jpg IMG_2454.jpg IMG_2452.jpg

Thank You,

Iouri

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Can you polish them up a bit?? You might find more information on them....a nice simple set of candlesticks!

3. Iouri

Iouri Well-Known Member

YES.I can.Thank's.

judy and Aquitaine like this.
  4. The swede

The swede Active Member

Your Norwegian candlesticks is marked with a beaker, the sign of the silver factory Thorvald Marthinsen in the city of Tønsberg. I guess they are made around 1950-60. Th Marthinsen started 1883 and is still producing articles of silver.

5. Iouri

Iouri Well-Known Member

You gave to me ,pretty much about this candlestiks.Thank you very much.Iouri

The swede, judy and i need help like this.
  6. RichardE

RichardE New Member

I looked up Norwegian silver which has interesting range of silver content over the years. Here’s what I found about “830S” that I see marked on your candlesticks; “In 1892, silver fineness was standardized at .830 and the mark 830S became compulsory”. I’m no expert but that might give you a hint as to how they mark silver in Norway. I think they’re great. R

judy likes this.
  7. Iouri

Iouri Well-Known Member

Hello,In 1892, silver fineness was standardized at .830 and the mark 830S became compulsory. In 1920, standard .925 started to replace .830 purity.Thank you .The marks has numbers 458B-is it means something ?Thank you .Iouri

8. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

.830 fineness is still the second standard for silver in Norway, and is still used regularly...

~Cheryl

judy likes this.
  9. Iouri

Iouri Well-Known Member

I see .Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted