O & EG set

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bethaney84, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Bethaney84

Bethaney84 New Member

5D6B8099-8817-4925-AD19-FBF17760BCDC.jpeg F5AE851F-2076-4A14-BA13-6A8BEDCE7FCF.jpeg DC85700D-7CD7-40D3-95F5-8BAFCD86B141.jpeg 5D6B8099-8817-4925-AD19-FBF17760BCDC.jpeg DC85700D-7CD7-40D3-95F5-8BAFCD86B141.jpeg Hi there I am brand new to this. I apologize if I do not post correctly. I have a set of Austrian china that I am unsure of year or value. Thank you all for your help. I have not cleaned it yet but it has been I storage for decades and appears to be in good condition.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    Christmasjoy and SBSVC like this.
  2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Bethany!

Welcome to Antiquers.........:cat:

Your photos aren't quite clear enough. Please show pattern and another photo of the mark.

Also, when you post your photos, choose Full Image!:cat:

Thank you.

3. Bethaney84

Bethaney84 New Member

I hope that is better I tried to make the images larger but I am on my phone. Thank you so much.

4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Hi, Bethaney, and welcome!

You might want to check OSCAR & EDGAR GUTHERZ.

This info is from someone else's listing and I have not verified it completely, but I believe it's a good start:

...O&EG (Oscar and Edgar Gutherz) Royal Austria hallmark:

The hallmark ... printed in green with the word 'Royal' inside the wreath, the word 'Austria' below the wreath, and the initials 'O&EG' above the wreath, was used by Oscar and Edgar Gutherz of Altrolau, Bohemia (now Stara Role, Czech Republic) from 1899 to 1918...

BRIEF HISTORY: Oscar Gutherz started a porcelain decorating business in Altrolau in 1884, using financial backing from the American importer Lazarus Straus & Sons. The company subsequently expanded into porcelain production. In 1898, Oscar's brother, Edgar Gutherz, bought out Marx and joined Oscar in the business, which became known as the Oscar & Edgar Gutherz (O. & E.G.) Royal Austria Factory. In 1918 the Royal Austria Factory ceased to be; instead it became part of OEPIAG, the Austrian Porcelain Industry.

5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Larger, but the mark is still difficult to make out....at least for me.

Perhaps someone else recognizes the mark.

Can you take clearer photos?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. Bethaney84

Bethaney84 New Member

Thank you so much for helping. Originality these were my great great Aunts and she lived in Greece if that is any help at all.

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  7. Bethaney84

Bethaney84 New Member

I’m gonna try I’m sorry I wish my computer was working.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  8. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Don't fret......you're doing just fine.

Follow SBSVC's lead.....google the information.

9. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

A very nice set.
    You should wash and use them.
    I can't tell from your pictures if it has gold trim. If it does, do not run them through a dishwasher. The gold will eventually wear off.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  10. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Should be GREEN: D.&E.G., ROYAL, AUSTRIA

F5AE851F-2076-4A14-BA13-6A8BEDCE7FCF-2.jpg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  11. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

12. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Hi @Bethaney84 & welcome to the forum!! :happy::happy:

Have a look through these pages on Replacements to see if you can find a match.

https://www.replacements.com/search/?query=oscar+and+edgar+gutherz+pink+

Unfortunately fine china such as this set does not sell well. Folks just do not do the fancy dinner parties or big family gatherings like they did in the past. This is shown in the number for sale versus the number sold.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=oscar+edgar+gutherz&_sacat=0&rt=nc

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...r+edgar+gutherz&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1

kentworld likes this.
  13. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I forgot to add that they also want something they can put in the dishwasher & with the gold trim, as Pat said before, these dishes need to be hand washed to maintain the trim.

14. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

15. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Best not put them in a microwave either re the gold trim.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  16. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Good point.

17. Sally Cook

Sally Cook New Member

Is anybody on in 2021?

18. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

We are here, the OP has not been here since 2020.

Sally Cook likes this.
  19. Sally Cook

Sally Cook New Member

How do I post with a picture. I have an oeg pitcher and need help..cant read whats on the bottom or yr of pitcher..just know it was my grandmothers and Thank you for replying

20. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Sally Cook likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted