Oil on canvas signed Spielman(n?)

Discussion in 'Art' started by Procurator, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Procurator

Procurator New Member

Hello all, i purchased this oil on canvas painting last week. It and the frame are quite large and i will have trouble hanging it on my wall. (It BARELY fit in the car. Took me a good ten minutes to get it to fit! Anyways i would like info on the artist if possibe. They underlined their name and name May have second N but cant tell. Frame is approximately(guessing) 5.5 ft w and 2.5ft height . I struggled to trim picture size below 1mb and cut off some of the painting. Will upload more. But please. Take your best crack at it ;)

Attached Files:

i need help likes this.
  2. Procurator

Procurator New Member

Well since no night owls sae my post, i can confirm spielmann is correct spelling and what i could come up with is possibly oscar spielmann artist and value 1000$?

i need help and judy like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Patience please.....u haven't even given us an hour....and it's not even midnight on the Wet Coast !
    That said , we have folks here from around the world....& it is Sat night....so hang in there and I'm sure that comments will come in on Sunday.
    It's a nice painting !

4. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

would be nice to have a clear pic of the signature. stylewise yes, Oscar Spielmann. could be from his time in Italy or painted after sketches made in Italy during his journey to it.
    lateron signatures are full-name. probably hard to find an expert for him outside Algeria, France or Czechia.

5. komokwa

but we'll try anyways......LOL!!!

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

7. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

does my last holiday in July from France for a fortnight in Czechia not count for anything ?:bigtears:

i need help and kyratango like this.
  8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

i need help and Any Jewelry like this.
  9. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

that's the good influence of my satellite dish directed at 28.2 ° East. BBC/ ITV and a few (600 to 700..) others for free. I could also learn Hindi if I was interested. :cigar:

kyratango and Figtree3 like this.
  10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Not being facetious but... think more likely it came off the wall of a Greek restaurant.

Debora

CheersDears, Jivvy and Bakersgma like this.
  11. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

I see your point. but I don't find a hint that he was ever visiting Greece. first thought with these old temples and a view over the sea is Sicily/Girgenti.
    but come to think of it - I saw a few in Northern Africa as well. Tunis ?

12. komokwa

Oh !!!...it certainly does......so it was a working holiday then ?? :playful::rolleyes::rolleyes:

13. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Isn't a conclusion being jumped here? Are we quite sure that the signature on your painting reads "Spielmann?" And, if so, are we quite sure that the signature matches that of listed painter Oscar Spielmann?

Debora

Jivvy, Bakersgma and Fid like this.
  14. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

does work ever stop ? always on the outlook. :arghh:
    but no, not this time. a small tour passing to Poland via Czechia, up to Danzig; then a bit to the east - Marienburg and other spots from the Teutonic Order. stopping sharp before the Russian triangle of Königsberg through to Masuren. then back to Czechia via Silesia. and a recovery in Marienbad before going home again.

Bakersgma and komokwa like this.
  15. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Here is a sample of Oscar Spielmann's signature. And, I'll expand upon my earlier comment... Given that the work doesn't appear to have been painted by a trained artist and given it's size, it's possible that it came off the wall of a Greek restaurant.

Debora

FORUM Spielmann Signature.jpg

CheersDears, Jivvy and Bakersgma like this.
  16. komokwa

Well....that does almost sound like work !!!
    Did you stop for lunch....or at least to catch your breath ?? :playful::playful::playful:

Fid likes this.
  17. Procurator

Procurator New Member

ok ok i just was excited, komokwa.. and signature is definitely "Spielmann", whether it is oscar spielmann, i have no idea. thats what all y'all are for.. i dunno. i will try and upload more pictures when possible.

18. komokwa

we do the best work with what we've got..:happy:

the more clear pics...the better !
    we'll look forward to any new ones..!!

Fid likes this.
  19. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

20. Procurator

Procurator New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted