Oil Painting Reproductions

Discussion in 'Art' started by Bev aka thelmasstuff, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

In case you were wondering how they did that....

http://www.1st-art-gallery.com/?gclid=CPi1z9DjisUCFbLm7AodFWQAqA

Many years ago we were given a low number limited edition print by Jacques Oudot. We were visiting his wife and she gave it to us. I was doing a search and came across one painting by him and this ad was on the site.

2. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

When my family's "real art" began to be sold off, my mother's consolation was that she could afford to buy reproductions (such as these) of paintings she really liked but could never own. I still have a Van Gogh, a Rembrandt, and a "someone I can't remember"..................

3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

..And one can buy them aged and crackled.

Bev aka thelmasstuff likes this.
  4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Just like me. Aged & crackled.

antidiem likes this.
  5. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

"..And one can buy them aged and crackled."

Wow - that just gave me a "memory flash" of Ma buying one of these - there was the option of aged and crackled or not - Mother was highly indignant over the offer - she stated in on uncertain terms that she wanted a COPY not some middle class, nouveau riche "FORGERY" intended to unsuccessfully fool people - but she did it in her most polite and condescending voice.................I don't remember if she purchased one at that time or not. I do remember that it was after the sale of a family portrait that is now in a museum/gallery

antidiem likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted