Ok let’s give this a try!

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by spike6339, Dec 5, 2019.

1. spike6339

spike6339 New Member

So I’ve had this bedroom set for quite some time. I’m finally trying to cut back on the amount of stuff I have hanging around in my garage. So I’ve been Trying to find a value on what this set is worth. The problem is antique furniture is not my specialty. I can not seem to find out anything about the pieces. I’ve looked online for quite sometime and can’t seem to find anything that’s close or similar to them.

I’ve looked up info, by searching for leg types, handles, designs, etc... and I’ve come up with nothing. I couldn’t even tell you what kind of wood this is. So I’m looking to the forum world for help now! If somebody could point me in the right direction, I’d greatly appreciate you.
    E10C319A-D1AF-4C8B-83D7-708A33FFD92E.jpeg 810AA184-BD8D-4276-B332-5AB8FECA9BED.jpeg 9DF20C42-5715-4E5F-BEE6-44C54B239390.jpeg 6AF90A95-43FE-40A6-831C-192AA68D4413.jpeg
    E10C319A-D1AF-4C8B-83D7-708A33FFD92E.jpeg

Attached Files:

kyratango and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Spike6339!

Welcome to Antiquers..........

Sorry I can't help, but @verybrad probably can.

3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Circa 1930 in a pseudo French style. Wood appears to me walnut veneer faces with solids stained to match. There is a strange overall orange tonal quality so may be coated with a tinted lacquer. Quality and condition seems to be pretty good. I think you can compare to other sets from the same era for value. you don't have to find an exact match.

Figtree3, kyratango, komokwa and 7 others like this.
  4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Where you are and how you intend to sell, will also be factors in value.

kyratango, Fid and komokwa like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Where I am, Connecticut USA, value is ... good luck selling it. That sort of furniture is hard to move in all senses.

kyratango likes this.
  6. spike6339

spike6339 New Member

Alright well I appreciate the input!

kyratango likes this.
  7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Welcome, @spike6339 -- I like the looks of the set, but that isn't a hot style right now. Still, there may be a market for it, depending on where you live and the venues you use to advertise it.

Draft saved Draft deleted