Featured Old admiralty map / nautical chart (dated 1894?)

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by CGP, Nov 10, 2017.

1. CGP

CGP New Member

I have 3 of these old admiralty maps / nautical charts (dated 1894?) in varying conditions. There is some rips in one of them. Trying to get an idea of value.

Map 1a.jpg Map 1b.jpg Map 1c.jpg Map 1d.jpg Map 1e.jpg

2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome! :)
    These things are always hard to date. Hang in there and others will pop by to help.
    We really don't price things here as there are many factors involved in that but some may give you ballpark ideas.
    ~
    Also, please do this with all your photos in the future and you can actually go back to EDIT now and enlarge them as well. :) >>>
    ~
    FULL IMAGE.jpg

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Given the condition and the date, I would expect the value to be minimal.

4. dirbyjr

dirbyjr New Member

Yes I have to agree with moreotherstuff above. I myself am an avid lover and collector of maps but European maps between 1830's until the World Wars are of minimal value. That said, depending on the region you live in or are willing to travel to, there are several large antique map and book fairs where you might find interested buyers.

Christmasjoy and KingofThings like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted