OLD (?) BOOK - "OLD SONGS"

Discussion in 'Books' started by Rayo56, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Came across this old book and couldn't find any info online. I'm not a book person so probably didn't enter the correct terminology into the searches. But anyhow, the pages are thick - like 3 regular book pages stuck together - funny, at first I thought the pages were actually stuck together. Lots of pictures and they seem to have imprinted themselves on their opposite pages AND, seems the pages are strung together with string?, instead of being part of the binder. Oh - and "ANISANSEL" is stamped twice on the inside page and the last page. 000_5446.jpg 000_5447.jpg 000_5448.jpg 000_5449.jpg 000_5450.jpg 000_5451.jpg 000_5452.jpg 000_5453.jpg 000_5456.jpg 000_5461.jpg
    Any info will be so much appreciated!!
    Is this any good or just another Goodwill donation like usual - LOL!!!

judy and komokwa like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Figtree3 and Bronwen like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

"Anisansel" appears to be a surname. Only found in the U.S. (and most commonly in North Carolina.) May be a bastardization of a French, Swiss or German name originally.

Debora

Bronwen likes this.
  4. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

INSECT DAMAGE? LOL - my God, I got this from my deceased parents basement - I think the rats ate the insects and wiped their asses with these pages - no wonder they are so thick!!!!

5. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

LOL - I thought it was French for - "THROW THIS BOOK IN THE TRASH IMMEDIATELY"

judy likes this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

A number available on eBay but none sold. This is one of those instances where old doesn't equal valuable. If not of sentimental value, you've my permission to find it a new home. (But don't trash it please!)

Debora

Rayo56 likes this.
  7. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

YEP! That was my Mother, she thought she had millions of dollars worth of collectibles but ended up just had junk. Sad! People could talk her into buying anything - all they did was have to sweet talk her - she actually would give people from foreign countries all her banking information over the phone and wondered where all her money went! And when I tried to tell her it was all Bullshit she would get mad at me because "They sounded so nice".
    Well needles to say - now I have to go to India to live with the guy that has all my Mom's money!!!! I'd cry but I just can't stop laughing - ya know, kind of like a crazy person laugh!!!!!!!!!!

Figtree3 and judy like this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Oh, dear. Well, what else is in her basement book pile?

Debora

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  9. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

A dead chipmunk and waterlogged moldy clothes!

judy likes this.
  10. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Swiss. Änishänsli.

Figtree3, judy and Debora like this.
  11. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

P.S.: some yokels modernized it to Aenishänsli...
    P.P.S.: I don't want to hear you pronouncing it either way. :kiss:

12. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Many times in old books etchings and engravings will be covered with tissue to prevent ink transfer. Without the tissue you can find text pages showing ghostly images and pictures showing ghostly text.

Figtree3 likes this.
  13. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

I am a ghost myself, my tissue is skin. nonetheless.:rolleyes:

Figtree3 and moreotherstuff like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted