Old Brass lamp - 3 Sisters or just similar?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Beverly F., Apr 1, 2021.

1. Beverly F.

Beverly F. Member

Any information would be appreciated. This lamp was given to me 15 or more years ago, think the person didn't want it. For some reason I kept it and had it in a closet in my barn apartment. During the February freeze a pipe broke and ruined most everything. This lamp appears to be ok and now I'm wondering about it. Don't know why but I called it "3 sisters". Learned there was a wood Maitland Smith lamp called 3 Sisters about 1972. This lamp is probably brass, has not been cleaned and there are numbers on the bottom '1001' in two places. The lamp is 20" to where you put the light bulb in. The sticker is original and may help date it? I'd like to know is this a good piece with some value or is it just a matter of taste? Have other pictures as well. Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

judy and lovewrens like this.
  2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    It is called "The three Graces". In the 1960s I bought a carton with 12 plaster cast copies of this lamp. I 'bronzed" them and they quickly sold for 20Xs what I paid for them.
    greg

Draft saved Draft deleted