Old frigidaire refrigerator

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by DemoBarn, Jul 22, 2017.

?

How much is this worth?

1. less than 100

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. 100 to 200

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. about 800

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 2000-3000 if running

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DemoBarn

DemoBarn New Member

Hello,

Trying to put a value on my refrigerator. We have had it for about 40 years plugged in and working until about two years ago.

Right now when it is plugged in it will cycle on for about 5 seconds, then shut off for 35 seconds, then repeat so it acts like it's low on charge.

I'm trying to downsize right now and would like to sell it. Having a hard time finding something similar online. Wondering what an average value for it is. Thanks
    forum.jpg

Christmasjoy and KingofThings like this.
  2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Big heavy items like this are usually worth what you can get for them. Expensive to buy when you want them. Hard to sell when you need to. Dealers usually won't pay much, particularly when not in top working order.

Christmasjoy, judy and KingofThings like this.
  3. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome!
    I agree with Brad and I'd try
    Craig's list for $100 and see if you can hold to that. Tell anyone interested what it's doing.
    Lots of guys like these for their hot rod garages. Many will paint them up cool and even pinstripe them!
    They are not easy to find working.
    Many guys can just deal with it or almost certainly know another car guy who can. :)

Christmasjoy, judy and SBSVC like this.
  4. DemoBarn

DemoBarn New Member

Thank you for the responses. If I had more time (of course lol) I think it would be a fun project to restore it. Put a new coil/unit in it, perhaps paint it like you said etc. I assume that's what the buyer will be doing. So I guess the question is, how much is a buyer willing to pay for a fun restoration project versus buying something in perfect working order. I'm thinking for this kind of thing, there is more of a demand for something in working order that they can just put in their shop or game room.

This has some sentimental value for me but I just can't afford the space anymore unfortunately so if it can be recycled at any price at least that's better than the dump I think. Just trying to get a value for it since obviously more money would help me out but it is what it is.

Thanks again

Christmasjoy, KingofThings and judy like this.
  5. KingofThings

If someone wants it for their garage they likely would want it clean and white and not with your custom paint job for that's not their custom paint job.
    For example. I'm a Chevy guy and I might want it Chevy engine orange. The Ford guys; Ford blue, Goat guys; Pontiac blue, etc.
    There's no way you'll make the correct random guess and recover your efforts and expense.
    I suggested a price of $100. I doubt you'll get that but you might. I'd be stunned if you got more than that if it worked properly.
    Unfortunately, while a nice thing and I understand, your attachment to it is worth nothing to anyone but you and your family.
    I'd be curious to how this plays out for you so please let us know. :)

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

You can check eBay auctions for an idea. I think it resembles some from 1939 but that could be wrong.

As with many values it depends on where you're located and what type of venues you have available to offer your item.

7. Nancy Ross

Nancy Ross New Member

Check in eBay auction will be the better idea. As per my opinion.

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

& SIS's opinion...

9. KingofThings

Zip since 7/23... :p

10. komokwa

They looked just after u posted....;)

11. DemoBarn

DemoBarn New Member

stalker :peeking:

12. komokwa

Me...no....I just know how to use the site, after being here for 35 months !

Draft saved Draft deleted