Old glass bowl with silver decoration...Any help with ID or Key words ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by janettekay, Jul 15, 2014.

1. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    This is the last (for awhile) of my grandmothers unidentified items...EAPG ? 7" total width bowl with fancy handles , scalloped top, silver floral decorated, raised clear glass elongated drops around bottom. Posting one photo..have others...TIA janette

[​IMG]

2. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

3. janettekay

Thanks so much....!!!! (and boy that was fast!)....

4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

5. janettekay

6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Janette,
    Why of course use BRASSO!! It has worked for trolls for years why not us? I use a cream silver polish with a very light squishing action, actually using my thumb then I rinse. Besure to use a very warm water wash first ans strt to polish while it is still warm, it works faster. Some times it takes a couple of polishes, slow and easy wins the race.
    greg

7. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Maybe a jewelery or "sunshine" cloth would do the trick well enough.

8. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

For those of you that don't do links, its' a New Martinsville Radiance Bowl.

9. janettekay

Thanks both for the cleaning info....(though "slow and easy" sounds more like "slow and tedious" to me !!!!!) LOL...(think it will make a good rainy day project!!)

10. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

I have several pieces like yours and just used Wrights paste and the tarnish came off immediately :)

PS
    Since the Wrights has a round sponge, I
    moisted it with water take some cream and put it on the sponge and suds it up and then sponge over the piece like I was washing any other glass bowl. Then rinse in luke warm water.

11. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

OOPS, just re-read this thread and saw where greg already suggested the cleaning process................creeps away slowly :shy::sorry:

12. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Shilo,
    I have been guilty of doing the same thing more than once. lol
    greg

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  13. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

cherryhill - I never did click on links on eBay, but I don't mind clicking on them here because there's less chance it's a virus since we're a small, friendly group. :happy:

14. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Now, Bev -- just what kind of virus do you think the UNfriendlies might have been carrying about?

:clown:

Draft saved Draft deleted