Old Japanese Book With Battle Prints

Discussion in 'Books' started by kraftblue, Oct 27, 2018.

1. kraftblue

kraftblue Well-Known Member

Picked up this cool book with a Japanese prints. Each page has a print with Japanese writing. Book is older. Would anyone know anything about it?

book1.JPG book4.JPG book5.JPG book6.JPG book7.JPG book8.JPG book9.JPG book10.JPG book11.JPG

i need help likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I wonder whether this might be some kind history of the First and Second Sino-Japanese Wars? Seems to progress from older style dress and weapons to at least WWI uniforms and weapons (note bi-planes in the last picture.) Of course the Second didn't really start until the 1930's, so not really sure.

In the one with men around the table, we've got 2 important people in possible Korean style clothing being addressed by men in western dress. Both Wars involved Chinese and Japanese conflict over control of the Korean peninsula and islands between the 2 countries.

3. kraftblue

Thanks Bakers. I retook some pictures, I might send them to Skinners. Some prints do have a signature.

4. kraftblue

There are 60 prints in this book.

Draft saved Draft deleted