Old looking Asian rug id help

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Lisa Smith, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Lisa Smith

Lisa Smith New Member

5DEB4CFB-61B7-4DFE-AE68-25A88AF98770.jpeg 87C83F16-A3A1-4FFD-8586-437D0E6B5F3B.jpeg ED6B564F-48A1-4229-A930-7FF058877538.jpeg 65B1F0C3-F05D-4AD6-81CB-95A7D6CD557B.jpeg 54C0CDF3-AE44-404C-97E9-6471824E7B03.jpeg 738B6DE2-7223-42ED-A093-004C32BCBB62.jpeg DF495BE7-0C55-4900-9A12-D23200D5D103.jpeg Hi all, I’m new here and this is my first post. My good friend Billy Davis told me about this site. Anyone remember him ? Nicest man ever. I would like to know about this rug I have. I would like to know the age, area of origin etc.
    thank you all
    Lisa smith

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2021
    Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome Lisa!

How is Billy? He’s really missed! Please let him know.

3. i need help

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Lisa! Shout out to Billy!

A question for you on the rug. Even with the larger size images I cannot really tell for sure whether either side has tufts. Can you comment on that question?

Any Jewelry, judy and i need help like this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@Bakersgma I believe this image shows both sides............with the tufting on the top half......IF I'm correct!!!

6519BD76-4744-4D31-A0B6-8CF582B459D7-low_res-scale-1_50.jpg

6. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Lisa!

Welcome to Antiquers.............:cat:

I can't help with your rug, but do want to be remembered to Billy, and say he is missed.

We all hope he is doing OK. Please let us know.

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome Lisa.
    Of course we remember him, and we really miss him. Agree, he is the nicest man ever, I hope he is doing OK.
    Please say hello from me too, and tell him we'd love to see him here again.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  8. Lisa E.Smith

Lisa E.Smith New Member

What are tufts ?
    I sure will let him know you all miss and love him !

9. Lisa E.Smith

Lisa E.Smith New Member

He is doing fine, he is not selling as much anymore, he’s started up a handyman business, doing repairs, remodeling and painting homes for mostly senior citizens ! He is keeping real busy lately, he seems happier and making a decent living !!

10. Lisa E.Smith

Lisa E.Smith New Member

Yes you are correct ! If there is a certain picture that you need, just let me know ?

judy likes this.
  11. Lisa E.Smith

Lisa E.Smith New Member

Billy is doing well, has his own handyman business going, He gets most of his work by word-of-mouth , the people that hire him, are mostly senior citizens and they seem to like his work, he is so good at what he does, He’s a perfectionist for sure , all his customer Love him . They are sure keeping him busy !! We don’t see each other, as much as we use to !! But keep in touch by texting !

12. Lisa E.Smith

Lisa E.Smith New Member

I will for sure, let him know , that you miss and asked about him .

BoudiccaJones, komokwa and judy like this.
  13. Lisa E.Smith

Lisa E.Smith New Member

I sure will let him know , that he is missed !

komokwa likes this.
  14. judy

judy Well-Known Member

That is really wonderful news of Billy! I am so happy to hear it and wish him continued success.

Thank you for letting us know..............:cat:

i need help, komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  15. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

you give him a poke in the ribs for me too please !!!!!:woot::woot:

& please tell him......no matter how busy he is.......he's always welcome here ...just to say hi !!!:happy::happy::happy:

Any Jewelry, judy and i need help like this.
  16. Lisa E.Smith

Lisa E.Smith New Member

17. i need help

18. reader

reader Well-Known Member

i need help likes this.
  19. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I hope someone will know your rug. I had to pack mine up some years ago when wool moths moved into my house. I was not good at identifying them, many acquired at auctions etc. I do like patterns that lean toward geometric as yours does and would start by looking at Turkish rugs while waiting for knowledgeable folks to show up.

I do not see where you mentioned the size of the rug. That would probably affect the value if it can be assessed.

Please give Billy our best wishes! You really made my day with the news he's doing so well!

komokwa, Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  20. Lisa E.Smith

Lisa E.Smith New Member

I don’t know what are tufts ?

Draft saved Draft deleted