Old Sheffield Plate? Candlabras help with marks

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Brywil1970, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Brywil1970

Brywil1970 Well-Known Member

I just purchased this pair of candlabras today and trying to find maker. They are 19 1/4" tall and are marked with what looks like a crown SBEP in individual cartuches. From what I can see there is a B in the upper right of the crown. Also has REG. stamped on bottom. Any help would be appreciated

TIA, Bryan
    FullSizeRender (28).jpg FullSizeRender (27).jpg FullSizeRender (29).jpg FullSizeRender (31).jpg FullSizeRender (24).jpg FullSizeRender (25).jpg

KingofThings likes this.
  2. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

electroplate

KingofThings and afantiques like this.
  3. Brywil1970

Ok makes since EP being on the end. Am I right that it British just went through forty pages of British electroplate marks and could not find it

KingofThings likes this.
  4. Brywil1970

Also if I cannot find a maker is there any way to date them. Style ETC...

KingofThings likes this.
  5. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

6. Brywil1970

Thanks that is it

KingofThings likes this.
  7. rebecca strickland

rebecca strickland New Member

This is the same mark I have on my candelabrasite the crown and sgep. It is also goldfender. But I cam find very little info on goldfeder anywhere. I know.it is plated but what did they plate over. My plating is badly worn from years of polishing and I was wondering if it is copper I'm seeing now in spots. If it is I might would be happy to have them stripped to copper. But I'm unsure what they plated over. If anyone could help with this I would be so thankful. Thank you rebecca

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

most likely copper...if you're seeing copper....
    I'm not sure how...or if it's possible to strip away the silver by any other means than polishing hard over the next 50 years...

Bakersgma likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted