Featured Old Shirley Temple Promo Photo Print

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Thrifster, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Thrifster

Thrifster Well-Known Member

This is an old Shirley Temple promotional photo print I purchased at the thrift store today. It measures about 10 3/4" wide x 13 1/4" high, the paper has texture to it and there is no writing on it.

I looked around for this image but only saw a couple of smaller ones. It seems a little larger than some of the other prints I've seen of Shirey Temple.

Does anyone know how old or when this print may have been made and where it might of came from or anything else? Thanks in advance for any information.

HPIM8243.JPG
    HPIM8244.JPG
    HPIM8246.JPG
    HPIM8247.JPG

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

According to the internet, it dates to 1936, if that helps.

Debora

4. Thrifster

Thanks I need help for the link, that's the image. I put the incorrect size of mine, it's actually 10 3/4" x 13 3/4" not 10 3/4" x 13 1/4". Thanks Debora for finding the date of the photo. I still don't know how old the image I have is. Thought that the type of textured paper might be a clue with the dots on it above.

i need help likes this.
  5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

If your photographic paper is actually textured, you can research when that was vogue.

If it is the picture itself that is textured, it is a second generation (or later) print of some sort.

judy and i need help like this.
  6. antidiem

The original photograph taken is called "generation zero" - from what I have recently learned..

judy and i need help like this.
  7. Thrifster

Thanks antidiem, yes the paper is actually textured.

antidiem, judy and i need help like this.
  8. antidiem

I worked for Primary Color Lab in the early 1970s and we used textured photographic papers <3

Draft saved Draft deleted