Featured Old Spoon with Storks - Mark LB

Discussion in 'Silver' started by JUSTME2016, Oct 15, 2016.

1. JUSTME2016

JUSTME2016 New Member

I've searched every Silver and Hallmark site I know but have not found this Pattern or Hallmark. I'd appreciate any ideas. Thank you! They are not marked Sterling so might be coin? The Mark is L B within crossed swords. Spoons - Storks 2 small.jpg Spoons - Storks 3 small.jpg Spoons - Storks small.jpg

2. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

Bakersgma likes this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

would those be art nouveau in style...

[​IMG]

4. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Look like cranes to me. Don't recognize the mark, but would guess German or perhaps Austrian, silverplate - Jugendstil in design...

~Cheryl

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I have such a hard time with Fart New-vo....EeeeK.....

Thanks though..!!

6. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Sorry, can't help with the maker, but I love the design on these! Beautiful!

7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'm thinking German as well. I'll throw in how many German porcelain factories used crossed swords. That mark resembles one of the Rosenthal marks.

8. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

I haven't had any luck on IDing this mark. The German city assay marks for Leipzig and Dresden are crossed swords but the hilts down with the swords pointing up. This mark has the hilt up with the swords pointing down. Some Leipzig crossed swords assay mark have a "L" for Leipzig at the bottom and a loth purity value such as 12, 13, etc... at the top. I can't find any crossed swords with L & B. Is that definitly a "B" rather than "8" at the bottom?
    http://www.925-1000.com/Fgerman_marks_b1884_4.html

--- Susan

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  9. JUSTME2016

JUSTME2016 New Member

Thanks everyone for taking the time to research and comment. Oh yes, they are Cranes! (What was I thinking?) The "B" is definitely just that, and not an 8. I will continue my search and post here if/when I find the answers.

Draft saved Draft deleted