Old Teddy Bear

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by jarraneil, Sep 26, 2022.

1. jarraneil

jarraneil New Member

This cute guy was given to my dad when he was a baby, so he is probably from the 1920's
    At first I thought he was a Steiff but reading I have been doing on-line suggests that he is more likely a Bing.
    He is stuffed with wood wool and has a shaggy mohair coat in very good condition.
    He has the characteristic four claws of Bing but I can't find a tag anywhere on his body. I have checked the ears, under the arms etc
    He has amber eyes and a fairly long snout
    He stands around 12"
    His arms, legs and head are articulated
    He is musical and if you squeeze his belly it activates internal chimes
    I have not been able to find any examples on-line of a bear that matches this description
    It would be great if someone could help me piece together a bit more of the history behind this little fellow

Attached Files:

2. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

What a cute little guy!

Born2it, komokwa and kyratango like this.
  3. Sdcookie2

Sdcookie2 Well-Known Member

He looks like a Pappe Moritz musical teddy bear, in the $900 to $1500 range with no damage and he works

Born2it likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted